Friday, December 18, 2009

Featured at 13 Myrna Birds this month


Rarely is a last name so fitting.  Juliet Cook, editor of Blood Pudding Press, has conjured up this veritable tapas at her online journal, 13 Myrna Birds.  I am, she tells me, the bread of an apocalyptic sandwich.  First time my poetry and "apocalyptic" have been mentioned in the same breath--yum!  Thanks much Juliet, for featuring my work.  I love the fallen angel cake. From Juliet's blog:



Thirteen Myna Birds is wrapping up 2009 with a bloody, frosting-y razzle dazzle bang, with the APOCALYPTIC HOLIDAY SPAWN ISSUE. This hideously delicious mutant entity features poetry by David Wolach as the sodden bread for an oozilcious Apocalypse Cakes sandwich!

Poetry, blood, fallen angels, tainted feathers, and perversely festive fruitcake are among the bounty of grotesque offerings at this holiday banquet. Oh, my stomach!

If you like the Apcocalypse Cakes you ravenous slut, you can actually buy the recipe cards and bake them yourselves; just click on the links below each image to be rerouted to the Apocalypse Cakes etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment