Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Halpern's Oppen Memorial Lecture @ The Poetry Center SF

I understand that Rob Halpern's talk for the annual George Oppen Memorial Lecture was incredibly generative. Damn wish I'd been there. And I expect that many of you feel the same. There are, I'm sure, several good sites you can go to to get the down-low on the lecture, discussion after etc. Two I've come across that I'd highly recommend are XPoetics (good amount of excerpting of the talk and analysis) and Michael Cross's blog, The Disinhibitor (ditto). The excerpting alone is incredibly rich. Check out these analyses/descriptions of the evening via the links above. And as reminder, Cross (I think thru Atticus/Finch still?) will be publishing the collected Oppen Lectures book in the not-so-distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment